Presenter: Ramandeep Makhija
Python is open-sourced, interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language. It is easy to learn and very user-friendly because of its simple syntax and readable code. The best way to learn a programming language is to do something useful, therefore this hands-on introductory workshop will cover:
– Basic data types
– Creating and assigning values to a variable
– Using a function
– Import a Python library and use its functions
– Read tabular data from a csv file
– Select individual values and subsections from data
– Perform operations on arrays of data
No prior knowledge is required.
This workshop will be offered in-person in Hesburgh Library, room 246, and is open to undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff.
This workshop requires a minimum of 10 registrants. Fewer than 10 registrants by the registration deadline will result in the workshop being cancelled. In the event of cancellation, registrants will be notified.
Please register here by January 22.